Easy and hassle-free access to water should not be taken for granted. There are chances that something is not right with the quality of water and you need to fix it as soon as possible. There can be more than one issue with the quality of water at home. Keep reading this article in order to identify the different problems which can occur with the water at your home.
- If the water at your home is hard, you will find deposits of minerals on glassware and dishes. The water is stiff and you need to use more soap for washing the clothes. You also require using fabric softeners. You will find itchy skin as well as scalp in addition to unmanageable hair. You require working extra for the removal of soap curb on the shower stalls and bathtubs. You will find high energy costs owing to the build-up of scale on the appliances and pipes, tubs, sinks, appliances, and faucets.
Presence of chlorin
- One of the most common issues which are present in the water at your home is the chlorine. The water will have the taste of chlorine along with foul odors. It will cause major damage to the skin. Chlorinated water often results in itchy skin.
- At times, the water at your home has low PH, referring to the fact that the water is acidic. Such type of water can be detrimental to your health. You will find grain stains on the sink of bathroom along with porcelain surfaces. Acidic water may lead to the corrosion of pipes.
Arsenic in water
- Arsenic contributes to being a naturally occurring element which is found in the groundwater. It is essentially carcinogen which is found at higher concentration. Different EPA reports suggest that arsenic may lead to severe adverse health effects when present in low concentration.
Sulphur in Water
- One of the most common problems which are found in water at homes in the present days include the sulphur issues. It is considered to be the most immediate and obvious issue. It makes the water unpleasant in taste and odor. It also contributes to being responsible for the growth of additional bacteria in water, leading to severe issues in the long term.
Iron in water
- At times, iron is present in water which is identified by the brownish or reddish hue in addition to the staining which is left behind around the faucets and sinks. Such type of water is unpleasant for drinking and other usages around the house.
- It is difficult to recognize water with a minute amount of mineral concentration. However, the levels start stretching beyond the normal. The beneficial minerals can create several issues if they are present in water in excessive amount. Softening the water is considered to be one of the best options for dealing with TDS.
- Natural water comprises dissolved substances and minerals. The minerals present in water is measured generally in terms of TDS or total dissolved salts. TDS has comprised primarily of naturally occurring minerals which include inorganic salts like magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonates and sulfates. It also includes different contaminants like heavy metals, at low concentrations usually.
- When it comes to drinking water, TDS is measured in terms of ppm or parts per million.
Lead in water
- At times, lead s present in water and can cause serious health hazards to a person. Such type of water is identified being odorless, invisible and tasteless.
Water is vital for the healthy living of an individual. The presence of unwanted impurities can lead to severe issues in the water of your home. Use water purifier for a clean drinking water.